If you have their email addresses, email marketing can generate perhaps the highest return on investment (ROI) you can get. 1000% to 5000% returns are achieved by some clients!
Here are some tips for what to say and how to say it:
- Make it interesting, useful, and attention-getting. Your readers will unsubscribe if it seems pushy.
- Remember, "short is sweet". Compared to printed newsletters, write about half as much.
- Expect that 60% or more of your
readers will be looking at your newsletter on their mobile device. This pie chart shows the results of the most recent newsletter for one of our
clients with 61.3% read on mobile.
- Bullet points and lists, not paragraphs.
- It's going to be viewed on a screen, not on paper. Your readers cannot read down one column, then easily jump back up to the top of the next column. Fancy formtting is your enemy... make it simple.
- Regular contact is important, if you want to take advantage of one of today's most economical and successful marketing tools.
Coming soon: How to reach out to your website visitors, when you don't have their email address.